Dennis you are singing from the corporate media play book that the public is
bombarded with every day.  The reason why us lefties protest Walmart is to try
to get the public thinking about the problem that the "lowest possible
prices" cause them.  Because they will never get from the right wing big
corporate
media.

I shop in grocery stores where the clerk at the counter gets paid a decent
wage and has the ability to get health care benefits.  I know that even though
have never held a union job in my life that I have enjoyed the fruits of
those labors: that the 40 hour work week and paid medical came because of the
efforts on union members.  It did not come from the "free market."  It came
from
workers rising up against owners and being willing to put their lives on the
line to shut plants down that wouldn't pay a decent wage.

So, bringing it back to Saint Paul.  The men and women who work in the local
groceries in this town who have been able to feed their kids and take them to
the doctor because most of the groceries in town are union shops are going to
be hurt if the public doesn't figure it out quick that Walmart's and Super
Targets don't pay living wages and offer few employees health benefits.

Its called trying to get neighbors to care about neighbors, even if it costs
them a few pennies.

PS If I had enough money to go hang out at the Chinese Embassy I probably
won't care about the working stiffs either.

Chuck Repke
(Labor produces all wealth all wealth must go to labor)
W 7th