I, for one, am not enough of a straight-forward, unfeeling political functionary to desire a forum that is devoid of satire and fun. Even when it comes from the other side. Politics works best when it engages the people, and most people are NOT engaged by the gray, non-threatening, politically correct, nuts n' bolts drudgery that public service inevitably boils down to.
This is why there have been people like Thomas Nast, Jonathan Swift, Oliphant, Jon Stewart, Ben Franklin or Thomas Paine getting people talking and thinking. It's been said that less than 12% of the population was involved, or even aware of the Revolution while it was taking place. May or may not be true, but can you imagine the effects of having an online forum during Ben and Toms day?
Please, Tim, lighten up. I appreciate all that you do, but it appears that we can all handle some level of parody without losing our objectivity. If it seems that there is too much preaching to the choir, well then, let the oppressed find their own voice here. If it isn't being heard, then get better writers.

Bob Parker Dayton's Bluff