On Thursday 08 October 2009 19:14:13 Dmitry V. Levin wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 03:00:50PM +0200, Frederik Schüler wrote:
> [...]
>
> > and on sparc:
> >
> > gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -Ilinux/sparc -I../linux/sparc -Ilinux
> > -I../linux -Wall -g -O2 -MT syscall.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/syscall.Tpo -c -o
> > syscall.o ../syscall.c
>
> [...]
>
> > ../syscall.c: In function ‘get_scno’:
> > ../syscall.c:1192: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘struct regs’
>
> [a lot of complains about "struct regs"]
>
> On sparc, it is defined as "static struct regs regs;"
> Nothing has changed in this area since v4.5.18.
>
> On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 03:51:57PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> [...]
>
> > > In file included from ../syscall.c:129:
> > > ../linux/sparc/syscallent.h:250: error: ‘sys_nanosleep’ undeclared here
> > >  (not in a function)
> >
> > looks like linux/sparc/syscall.h needs updating to match linux/syscall.h.
> > sparc seems odd as it's the only one to provide its own syscall.h.
> > someone should really look at merging sparc with the common one.
> >
> > at any rate, once that's fixed, things build & seem to run fine for me.
>
> Just to make things clear: does the "struct regs" problem still persists
> on sparc?

on my sparc system, things built fine after i added the nanosleep prototype.
i dont know if the "struct regs" problem Frederik is seeing is due to the C
compiler barfing on earlier errors (since things like to snowball), or some
other problem.  i know that running on a sparc64 kernel with a sparc32
userland results in lots of errors if the --host isnt forced to match the
userland (config.guess returns a sparc64 host).

i dont have any systems running a sparc32 kernel or a sparc64 userland, so i
cant really test those setups.  sparc32 user on a sparc64 kernel is by far the
most common combo at any rate ...
-mike