Hello,
I am Pavan Koli, I'm interested in the project idea of creating a
structured JSON output for strace.

I read the previous code, got it from [1]
<https://github.com/zym0017d/strace_GSOC>, saw that hooking was used and
replacement of the tprintf with jprintf was done. I tried to build and
install for the source code, but was unsuccessful, got a lot of jprintf
missing or undefined error after using make. Followed things as mentioned
here [4]
<http://sourceforge.net/p/strace/wiki/Gsoc2014StructuredJsonOutput/>.

I had first thought of proposing for using MessagePack [6]
<http://msgpack.org/> instead of JSON, but then on going through the
mailing list archives I changed my mind.

I tried to find the use cases for structured JSON output. I came across
some sites [2] <https://clusterbuffer.wordpress.com/strace-analyzer/>, [3]
<https://github.com/dirtyharrycallahan/pystrace>. One thing was common that
each one required the output to be used further by some programs, for some
analysis or something similar.

I propose to work on the previous code, make small changes and commit them
as suggested in the project ideas page.  As the code is almost there, I am
planning to  focus more on testing and streamlining the code and avoiding
loopholes if any that were present in the previous code.

I came across this issue [5]
<https://github.com/zym0017d/strace_GSOC/commit/e52637b4ca7536bb1259f6850df774357e8102f2>.
Please suggest any more pitfalls that must be avoided or must be known in
advance, before sending a proposal for the project.