On 07-05-2008 at 22:56, Leonard Gestrin wrote:
> Hello,
> Please, validate if this is possible.
>
> I have master-layout.jsp with component main-component.
[...]
> I have app-layout.jsp that I want to be rendered inside
> master-layout.jsp but also I want it to declare it's own component.
[...]
> I want jsps to be able to be rendered in place of sub-main-component of
> app-layout.jsp which in turn gets rendered in master-layout.jsp but it
> does not seem to work.
>
> <stripes:layout-render name="/WEB-INF/jsp/layout/app-layout.jsp" >
>       <stripes:layout-component name=" sub-main-content ">
>               TESTING
>     </stripes:layout-component>
> </stripes:layout-render>
>
> Is there a way to make it work this way or layout components can not be
> nested?

This should work exactly like that. At least it's the approach I used to
create a master layout, a menu layout and a further nested layout for
administrative pageѕ.

The master layout is even used for the login page as well. This works,
because I mapped the StripeѕFilter for forward requests to my login.jsp and
loginError.jsp pages.

Oscar

--
   ,-_   Progress is made by lazy men looking for easier ways to do
  /() )  things.