After thinking more about it, I think it is best to encode the values. If someone really needs to have these special characters unencoded in a URL, they can always build the URL themselves instead of relying on the Stripes tags or Resolutions to do it for them.

It should also be noted that if you use these characters as literals in your @UrlBinding, they do not get encoded when the URL is built. So building a link for @UrlBinding("/foo/{a},{b},{c}") would yield, for example, /foo/1,2,3.

Thanks for the input, everybody.

-Ben