Since I moved to stripes 1.5 and implemented the clean urls, my
welcome-file in the web.xml is not working. I have a file, index.jsp,
with an html redirect in the meta tag in the head. When I call the
page directly (http://www.mysite.com/index.jsp),  it works. When I
call the site without (http://www.mysite.com), tomcat gives a 404.
This was working before the clean url change, and I actually had it
calling an action directly. I changed it to a JSP in an effort to get
it working - no luck.

The appropriate sections of my web.xml are :

    <filter>
        <display-name>Stripes Filter</display-name>
        <filter-name>StripesFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.StripesFilter</filter-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>Extension.Packages</param-name>
            <param-value>path.to.stripesext</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>PopulationStrategy.Class</param-name>

<param-value>net.sourceforge.stripes.tag.BeanFirstPopulationStrategy</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>ActionResolver.Packages</param-name>
            <param-value>path.to.action</param-value>
        </init-param>
    </filter>

    <filter>
        <description>Dynamically maps URLs to ActionBeans.</description>
        <display-name>Stripes Dynamic Mapping Filter</display-name>
        <filter-name>DynamicMappingFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.DynamicMappingFilter</filter-class>
    </filter>

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>Charset Filter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>StripesFilter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
        <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
    </filter-mapping>

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>DynamicMappingFilter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
        <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
        <dispatcher>FORWARD</dispatcher>
        <dispatcher>INCLUDE</dispatcher>
    </filter-mapping>

    <welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>

The StripesDispatcher servlet stuff was taken out, as per the docs for
DynamicMappingFilter.

Any ideas?