I posted a this question a couple of months ago
(http://www.nabble.com/welcome-file-not-working-to21096927.html), and
I need to resolve it. I  sort of got what I wanted working by putting
the redirect code in an action "index.lb"  but now I need to make some
javadoc available under that context, so I need index.html to be a
valid welcome-file as well. It will not work. Period. If I access a
URL like "http://mydom.com/somedirwithanindexdothtml/";, I get a 404.
If I access "http://mydom.com/somedirwithanindexdothtml/index.html";, I
get the page. Tomcat is serving the files properly, but something is
interfering with the welcome file list. If I add *anything* other than
what is mapped by extension to my stripes actions, it does not get
interpreted as a welcome file.

I have in my web.xml

    <filter>
        <filter-name>Charset Filter</filter-name>
        <filter-class>my.filter.class</filter-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>requestEncoding</param-name>
            <param-value>UTF-8</param-value>
        </init-param>
    </filter>

    <filter>
        <display-name>Stripes Filter</display-name>
        <filter-name>StripesFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.StripesFilter</filter-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>Extension.Packages</param-name>
            <param-value>my.stripes.ext.package</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>PopulationStrategy.Class</param-name>

<param-value>net.sourceforge.stripes.tag.BeanFirstPopulationStrategy</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>ActionResolver.Packages</param-name>
            <param-value>my.action.package</param-value>
        </init-param>
    </filter>

    <filter>
        <description>Dynamically maps URLs to ActionBeans.</description>
        <display-name>Stripes Dynamic Mapping Filter</display-name>
        <filter-name>DynamicMappingFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.DynamicMappingFilter</filter-class>
    </filter>

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>Charset Filter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>StripesFilter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
        <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
    </filter-mapping>

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>StripesFilter</filter-name>
        <servlet-name>StripesDispatcher</servlet-name>
        <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
    </filter-mapping>

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>DynamicMappingFilter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
        <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
        <dispatcher>FORWARD</dispatcher>
        <dispatcher>INCLUDE</dispatcher>
    </filter-mapping>

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>StripesDispatcher</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.DispatcherServlet</servlet-class>
        <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>StripesDispatcher</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>*.lb</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

    <session-config>
        <session-timeout>240</session-timeout>
    </session-config>

    <welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
        <welcome-file>index.lb</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>

(The CharsetFilter is just to force the response to UTF-8 because of
some problems Tomcat had displaying extended characters).

What do I have to do to configure Stripes to allow it to process
"welcome files" other than what is mapped to a stripes action? I can't
use jsp, htm, html etc. The index.lb was a hack to get an index
working, because I have all my other actions using the "clean urls"
with no extensions, and index.jsp wasn't working.

Please help! I'm running Stripes 1.5 on Tomcat 6.0.18.

Chris