I'm working on a layout that will allow pages to hand over a list of
buttons to be arranged together in a left-nav area. What I'd like to
do is have the pages provide something like this:

  <s:layout-component name='pageActions'>
    <mytags:dialogLink ...>
      <s:button name='button1' ...> ... </s:button>
    </mytags:dialogLink>
    <mytags:dialogLink ...>
      <s:button name='button2' ...> ... </s:button>
    </mytags:dialogLink>
  </s:layout-component>

The problem is that Stripes doesn't like its button tags used outside
of a form. I'm happy to provide the dummy (partial) form inside the
layout itself, but that doesn't seem to work either. Now I'm sure that
it doesn't work for a very good reason and that I should chide myself
for even thinking I could make this work, but it confuses me
nevertheless.

To be clear, what does not work is for me to do the following inside
the layout itself:

  <s:form name='pageActionsDummyForm' partial='true' action='#dummy'>
    <s:layout-component name='pageActions'/>
  </s:form>

I still get the errors from the button tags.

(1.5.1)

--
Turtle, turtle, on the ground,
Pink and shiny, turn around.