On 25-05-2009 at 19:09, Richard Hauswald wrote:
> You could track the calls to site with an interceptor, storing the
> last requested page and access time in the session. If the same action
> bean is called twice within 1 second, return a ForwardResolution to a
> page explaing that the user should not double klick. I would not
> synchronize access to the session before I have fully understood the
> the issue und can think of all possible problems... Multithreading is
> a very complex topic and relating to web apps most people try to avoid
> synchronized access to a resource. Personally I would discard users
> who disabled java script and solve the problem using js.

I second that. Your best bet is to recognize a second call. You may then
abort the request and explain the situation (as described by Richard).

Personally, I prefer to extend the post-redirect-get pattern by skipping the
action and redirecting  to the result page immediately. You can then also
use the flash scope to display a message, or even add a (temporary) meta tag
to reload the page after a few seconds (the reloaded page doesn't contain
that meta tag).

Oscar

--
   ,-_  Oscar Westra van holthe - Kind      http://www.xs4all.nl/~kindop/