On 26-05-2009 at 16:48, Jamie wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out a way kill a user's first active session when
> they log in a second time from another computer. Has anyone done
> anything like this in the past? Is it possible to kill a session given a
> session id? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place; is this problem
> outside the scope of what Stripes is meant to do?

This is outside the scope of Stripes, but can be solved inѕide.

What you need is to store the user's last session id somewhere upon login. For
each request, you check the session id against that. If it differs, you
invalidate the session (this logs the user out for all but Websphere's
application server). Then, you can forward the user to an explanatory page.

For the login part, you'll probably need to write a JAAS LoginModule. The
second part can be done in a filter or in an Interceptor.

Oscar

--
   ,-_
  /() ) Oscar Westra van holthe - Kind      http://www.xs4all.nl/~kindop/