Hi Lionel,
I saw that the first time I read your message but I forgot about it when changing the code. Sorry about that.

How is it failing - are you getting an exception or is it just returning null? I really don't want to introduce a dependency on PropertyUtils and I'm sure that it can be fixed without it.

Aaron

Lionel wrote:
Thanks Aaron.

Did you have a look a the last part of my mail ?
I have an issue when the @Id is on the field on a proxified Entity.

This is always null on a javassist proxy:
((Field) accessor).get(entity);

You have to call the getter to get the value.

Lionel

Aaron Porter wrote:
Thanks Lionel! I've updated the source in the repository. It seems
like Stripes used to check for null values before calling
TypeConverters so I didn't check before but I should have had the
check in there anyway.

By the way, I had another issue with EntityUtil.getId() which
prevents me from using 1.0 when using Id annotations on the fields:

if accessor instanceof Field, you return :

return ((Field) accessor).get(entity);

but this doesn't work.

I had to replace it with:

return PropertyUtils.getProperty(entity, ((Field)
accessor).getName());

OpenSolaris 2009.06 is a cutting edge operating system for enterprises looking to deploy the next generation of Solaris that includes the latest innovations from Sun and the OpenSource community. Download a copy and enjoy capabilities such as Networking, Storage and Virtualization. Go to: http://p.sf.net/sfu/opensolaris-get