> Hi All,
>
> I need some help on using the addGlobalError(new SimpleError("error"))
> function outside of a validation method or i`m just missing the point.
>
> When I use the following code:
>
>     @ValidationMethod(on = {"createIntro"})
>     public void validateAccess(ValidationErrors errors) throws
> Exception {
>                 getContext().getValidationErrors().addGlobalError(new
> SimpleError("error"));
>     }
>
> Everything displays fine and my <s:errors/> tag works as expected,
> nicely displaying the error in red.
>
> Here is an example of where i`m trying to use it but fails to display
> once Redirected or Forward`ed:
>
>     @DontValidate
>     public Resolution createIntro() {
>         crudMode = Mode.CREATE;
>         if (!isAuthorizedForCreate()) {
>                 getContext().getMessages().add(new SimpleError("You
> dont have access to create"));
>                 return back();
>         }
>         return new ForwardResolution(getCRUDPage());
>     }
>
> The page return back to the source resolution but failes to display
> the error. If I replace the code with
> getContext().getMessages().add(new SimpleMessage("test")) it displays
> fine in the <s:messages/> tag.
>
> Not sure if the validation errors get wipes for some strange reason or
> if it is embedded in a @DontValidate method it gets ignored. Any help
> will be appreciated.
>
> Rgds
> Derick

Standard Bank email disclaimer and confidentiality note
Please go to http://www.standardbank.co.za/site/homepage/emaildisclaimer.html
to read our email disclaimer and confidentiality note. Kindly email
disclai...@standardbank.co.za (no content or subject line necessary) if you
cannot view that page and we will email our email disclaimer and
confidentiality note to you.