On 22-04-2010 at 10:13, Aaron Stromas wrote:
> I am using the StreamingResolution to fetch a PDF. Unfortunately, the PDF is
> generated on the fly and can take seriously long time. I'd like to pop up
> one of those javascript busy-wait windows, which would be taken down by the
> page that loads if I were able to hook the onload event on that page.
> Unfortunately, with the StreamingResolution I can't do that.  The problem
> needs to be tackled differently. Any suggestions? TIA

The first thing that popped into my mind was this:
http://www.stripesframework.org/display/stripes/Wait+Page+for+Long+Events

In short, it's a wait page (with and without AJAX updater), what
automagically inserts a wait page between the initial request and the
completion of the slow event (i.e. generating the PDF).

Oscar

--
   ,-_
  /() ) Oscar Westra van Holthe - Kind      http://www.xs4all.nl/~kindop/