Hi,

if I have a textfield: <stripes:text name="foo" />, stripes can
automatically populate this field with a value. But I don't really
understand what it is doing.
The documentation says that stripes will first look for http Parameters
to populate the form. The idea that stripes automatically processes
those unchecked values that could come from Kevin knows where (possibly
from a user who has been tricked into clicking a certain link) actually
scares me, but it works.

Next "A value on the ActionBean if an ActionBean instance is present"
should be checked. Well, that works, but only if the bean class I
specified in the <form> element matches the current ActionBean. If I
specify a different actionBean:
<stripes:form beanclass="xyz.www.differentActionBean">
then it does not work anymore. That was quite hard to figure out that
the <stripes:text>-tag's behavior depends on the bean class specified in
the form tag they are specified in.
But what is actually happening there?

Thanks,

Thomas