> What exactly is all this "hype" around this ObjectFactory? Can some one
> please explain what it is and why it is so useful???

It basically lets you hook in to the creation of Stripes objects: action
beans, type converters, formatters, etc. so that you can take control
of how these objects are instantiated. For example, you can inject
Spring dependencies. But really, you can do whatever you want.

> We have no issues simply using the following to wire up @Autowired,
> @Service, @Resource... annotated classes with Spring (along with a
> handful of top level package component-scans):
> SpringBeanAutowiringSupport.processInjectionBasedOnCurrentContext(this);

No problem. I was giving one possible solution, but certainly not the
only solution, nor necessarily the best solution.

> So what am I missing ;-) ????

Well, maybe nothing. That's up to you to decide ;)

Cheers,
Freddy