Lev,
The META-INF directory that contains persistence.xml needs to end up at
/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF. It looks like the way you've set it up it
would be at /WEB-INF/classes/resources/META-INF. What I was proposing
was to create a new source folder called resources. In Eclipse you do
that by clicking File->New->Source Folder and enter resources as the
folder name.

I'm guessing that even if you do have the persistence.xml file in the
correct location you'll get an error about trying to use Stripersist
without the Interceptor part of it because you're trying to test with
JUnit without a servlet container. It can be done but you'll need to
call some methods in Stripersist yourself. Create a new instance of
Stripersist and call init(new URL("path/to/persistence.xml")). Call
requestInit() to initialize for the current thread then call
requestComplete() to clean up when you're done.

Aaron