Just my 2c, I hope this doesn't make things "worse" in terms of
misunderstandings.

>I am not interested in taking a leading role, I am interested in
>taking *the lead*.  Yes, I am aware of how this comes across and no I
>will not apologize for it.  As I have stated before, what Stripes
>needs most is leadership, plain and simple.

Personally, I was thrilled when I read Ed's comment. I did not read
any "dictatorship" into it. All I read was that someone was willing
to step up to the plate, stating it clearly, no two ways about it.
I respect that very much.

I agree that Stripes needs leadership. Again, I don't see this as
a synonym of "dictatorship", nor an opposite to "consensus". What I
do see in this is someone, Ed, who has the skill and the will to
assume the role of Stripes lead.

This does not mean to rule out other participants. But, IMHO, we
do *need* someone that decides and makes things happen. Sure,
it's all teamwork, but at the end of the day, when someone submits
a patch, asks when the next release will be, asks if a feature
belongs in the framework, and so on, there has to be *someone*
who is *committed* to addressing and responding.

It's not a one-man show. But the problem with a team of
contributors without someone who is the lead, is that for some
issues, everyone looks at everyone else and no one responds.

This is why I applaud Ed's statement that he is willing to take
on this responsibility for Stripes.

First on the list, I think, is to plan out the release of
Stripes 1.5.x and Stripes 1.6, and work from there.

Again, just my 2c. I hope I didn't create more than resolve
"conflict", and please also know that I don't mean to speak
for you, Ed. I'm just expressing what I read into it, and I
hope it rings true with your intentions. I'm pretty sure you
didn't mean that you would become a dictator, nor that you
wouldn't encourage teamwork and healthy discussions about
Stripes' future.

Personally, I say thanks, Ed. You have my vote.

Cheers,
Freddy