From: Oscar Westra van Holthe - Kind <os...@westravanholthe.nl>
Subject: Re: [Stripes-users] Stripes and GWT
To: "Stripes Users List" <stripes-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Date: Monday, 25 October, 2010, 19:03

On 25-10-2010 at 10:26, farouk alhassan wrote:

> Thank you guys for sharing your experiences using these two frameworks. Will
> go ahead and try to implement this in my project.
>
> @Oscar
> I'm using the DynamicMappingFilter as described in Freddy's book. What is the
> easiest way of making it ignore the servlet path of the GWT servlet?

First, check/test if there is any overlap (i.e. a Stripes URL that is also
handled by GWT). If there isn't, you're already good to go.

If not, you could adjust all URL's (if using clean URL's). If this is too
cumbersome or you have other reasons to enforce such a split in a generic
way, you can:
- remove the DynamicMappingFilter
- use the DispatcherServlet mapped to a unique prefix

The downside is that you can no longer bind to, say, '/'. The upside is that
you can force all URL's that start with '/gwt' to be handled by GWT, and all
URL's that start with '/stripes' by Stripes.

Oscar

--
   ,-_  Oscar Westra van Holthe - Kind      http://www.xs4all.nl/~kindop/
  /() )

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Create new apps & games for the Nokia N8 for consumers in  U.S. and Canada
http://p.sf.net/sfu/nokia-dev2dev
-----Inline Attachment Follows-----