For what it is worth I can personally tell you that we (MyBatis.org)
team are working hard to achieve this same goal.  We now have around 6
sub maven project along with the core maven project.  It has really
helped us deliver faster and more stable releases.  It has also
allowed us to engage more people from the community to help with
development.  I would love to see the Stripes community follow suit.

Just last week I was trying to find where the unit tests for Stripes
were located.  To my surprise they are not in the core module.  I also
just spent a few minutes trying to find the maven page on the website,
which I have found in the past, and I can't seem to find it again.  I
would love to see something as simple as
http://code.google.com/p/mybatis/wiki/DocMavenTutorial.

For those that are still using Ant you really just need to give it a
try.  I honestly have never seen someone who gives maven a try for
their build process ever go back to Ant.  For a product who believes
in convention over configuration I really think it is a perfect fit
for Stripes.

I am offering up any help or advice that you may need from myself or
the MyBatis team.

Nathan