From: Newman, John W [mailto:john.new...@viaoncology.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 1:35 PM
To: Stripes Users List; nikol...@brightminds.org
Subject: Re: [Stripes-users] Preventing multiple form submission

I'm wondering why the stripes form tag and stripes filter don't provide
this automatically.  It seems like everyone rolls their own version of
this, and if they haven't yet they will eventually, since without such a
check the application is easy to break.

I think this would be a good feature for stripes-stuff or stripes core
even.  I believe a lot of other web frameworks offer this right out of
the box, and tout it as a useful and necessary feature, which it is.  Am
I wrong?  I know the trend is to say "NO" to features and bloat, I agree
with that generally, but this topic comes up a lot.  It could be a big
deal to force everyone to implement a new interface or something for
handling the failure case, maybe a generic validation error could be
used, idk.