We've noticed a difference in performance on our servers using http vs https
so figured if we could use some code to handle this issue vs upgrading our
servers.  I don't really agree that if you secure the site with a login that
everything should be secure.  Digg, for example, doesn't need to encrypt its
news feed after you login because the information is not sensitive.    Many
sites I've seen have non-secure content after logging in.  Was hoping there
was an easy way to do it in Stripes but I guess not.