Sebastien,

Stripersist is a very thin layer on top of JPA. A very useful layer mind you that integrates very well with Stripes.

If you say that your code is working then I suspect its how you are dealing with things in your tests... not necessarily the MockServletContext IMO.

If I look at your tests I see you call the following at the top of the tests:
User user = createUser();

Without seeing your code I assume this creates a mock object OR loads a canned object from the DB.

If you want to update it then you will need to do a "merge" on this object vs. doing a "persist" (which is fine for a new object). If you want to delete it then you will need to do a "merge" and then a "remove" (of course this isn't very efficient and there are other ways but that's what you get for using the basic capabilities of an ORM i.e. you could write some native sql query or something to do a straight delete by PK).

If you don't do the "merge" first then the object can not re-attach to a persistent context.

If this doesn't help then please provide more code for:
-   User user = createUser();
-   getDao().save(getUser());
-   getDao().delete(getUser ());

HTH.

--Nikolaos

Sebastien Belin wrote:

Thanks for your answer Nikolaos,

Yeah the actionBean is beend tested without the Mock/Test framwerok.

In fact the code I use for the ActionBean is re-used from another application which is working perfectly but didn't have any action tests.

I understand what you're saying about the object being detached but I thought that was one of the point of using Stripersist, and I can't really see why it does work in normal mode and not in test mode.

I found a lot of article in google talking about ORM and detached object with JPA/Hibernate but nothing for MockServletContext with Stripersist that why I posted to the email list.

Anyway, thank you for your help.

Sebastien