All,

We've been using jdk5 / jboss4.22 / stripes 1.5 in production, stable for a
long time now.   We've decided it's about time to do some upgrades to jdk6 /
jboss 5.  The classpath scanner in stripes 1.5 does not work on jboss 5, which
was fixed in 1.5.2 as a result of
http://www.stripesframework.org/jira/browse/STS-655

Ok so in addition to jdk / jboss upgrade, we have to upgrade stripes.jar.  Not
a big deal.  Everything has gone smoothly, except for one remaining issue that
is about as bizarre as it gets.  The application starts up and runs fine.  But,
if you leave it sit idle for a period of time, say ~30 minutes, sometimes, the
bean introspection results will somehow change.  This doesn't make a whole lot
of sense to me, but it's what we're seeing.

After startup, DefaultActionBeanPropertyBinder says this one field is of type
java.lang.Short (which it is), it will take a value and bind into that no
problem.  You can click around all you want and everything is good.  Now, ~30
minutes of idle time go by, all of a sudden DefaultActionBeanPropertyBinder now
decides to say this same field is of type java.lang.Serializable, foolishly
tries to do new Serializable("value"); and fails.  I can't explain why that
result would change over time.

Might we be running into a regression that came from the changes in
http://www.stripesframework.org/jira/browse/STS-664  also in 1.5.2 ?   That's
the only thing I'm seeing related to introspection.  Because this is such a
weird issue, I'm not even sure if it's stripes related.  We are working on
narrowing it down and continuing to research, but I thought I'd ask here first.
 Unfortunately I can't run 1.5 in jboss5, but we are trying 1.5.2 in jboss4
right now (I suspect this will still show the issue).

  Is there any reasonable explanation for that change causing the result to say
"java.lang.Short" one minute, and "java.lang.Serializable" the next?  Has
anyone else ran into this?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
-John