Hi Alex

So you have 3 different types of changes you need to submit:

1) Adding new properties
2) Editing existing properties
3) Deleting properties

You could perhaps work with 3 different lists (additions, editings and
deletions). This could make it possible to manage even with error messages
and validation?

Morten Matras

2011/6/30 Alex <a...@zelid.com>

> Hello,
>
> I want to make a form to edit a complex ProductType object.
>
> ProudctType has a list of properties and each property has a list of
> values.
>
> The form displays an input for the ProductType name, a list of inputs for
> product type property names, and inside each of property section - a list
> of
> property value names.
>
> User is able to change dynamically the data in the form using
> JavaScript/AJAX.
> For example:
> delete some values, delete some properties (with values) and add few new
> properties with new values then press save button and all changes are
> applied in
> the ActionBean method (removed properties are deleted from the passed
> ProductType object, new properties with new values added) and the
> validation is
> done on new inputs.
>
> Is it possible to do such form with Stripes Framework?
>
> I managed to add new inputs to HTML dynamically, but data binding and error
> messages binding are not trivial here.
>
> I thought to use indexed properties for the nested inputs, but how to add
> indexes for dynamically created inputs? Using just "[]" will not bind
> validation
> errors on new inputs.
>
> There is an exact solution described in http://www.joe-
> stevens.com/2011/06/06/editing-and-binding-nested-lists-with-asp-net-mvc-2/but
> it is valid for Microsoft ASP.NET MVC 3 only.
>
> How do you manage to make such dynamic editable form with multilevel
> entities in
> it?
>
> Thanks,
> Alex