Thanks to all who responded and to all who read but didn't respond :)

I've been thinking more about this and I came to the following conclusion:

Background: When a request is coming-in, Stripes needs to route the request to
the correct ActionBean.
This routing can be configured via the @UrlBinding.

Now when a Url is generated, the UrlBinding annotation is used to generated the
path to the controller.
Problem: there is currently no way to tell Stripes that by default some
parameters should be generated as well.

I propose to add an annotation such as @UrlQueryString("{param1=1}&{param2}").
This annotation would be used by Stripes each time a Url is generated to
automatically
 append the specified parameter names/values (encrypted or not based upon the
configuration of the param)

Does it make sense to others people?

I'm moving forward with this idea on our project and adding code to support the
new annotation:
+ *Java api* to generate Urls with the parameters specified by the
UrlQueryString annotation.
+ Modify the current UrlTag and LinkTag to work with this annotation

If you feel this is a useful extension to Stripes, let me know, I would
contribute the code back
for an inclusion in an upcoming version

all the best,

Stephane