I've been using http://blueimp.github.io/jQuery-File-Upload/ for quite a while in my Stripes-based app. Newer browsers support it, for older browsers there is an iframe fallback. In newer browsers it supports multiple file selection, too. And, best of all, it doesn't really require any integration -- on the Stripes side it's still just a private FileBean file.

Cheers.