Hi,

I can't work out why I am getting HTTP Error 404!

This is my ActionBean:

public class ExpenseListActionBean extends BaseActionBean {

    private static final String VIEW = "/WEB-INF/jsp/expense_list.jsp";
    private static final String TABLE = "/WEB_INF/jsp/part/expense_table.jsp";

    @DefaultHandler
    public Resolution view() {
        return new ForwardResolution(VIEW);
    }

    public Resolution expenseTable() {
        return new ForwardResolution(TABLE); //(1) breakpoint
    }

}

When I navigate to http://localhost:8080/expenses/ExpenseList.action everything
is fine.

However, when I try:
http://localhost:8080/expenses/ExpenseList.action?expenseTable=

I have put a breakpoint at (1) and the breakpoint is hit.

I get the HTTP Error 404

Problem accessing /expenses/WEB_INF/jsp/part/expense_table.jsp. Reason:

    NOT_FOUND

The jsp does exist at /WEB_INF/jsp/part/expense_table.jsp.

What is more confusing if I change the method like so:

    public Resolution expenseTable() {
        return new ForwardResolution(VIEW); //Note: return VIEW same as view()
    }

Then when I navigate to:
http://localhost:8080/expenses/ExpenseList.action?expenseTable= the
"view" page loads. Breakpoint (1) is still hit.

//////// web.xml //////////

    <filter>
        <filter-name>StripesFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.StripesFilter</filter-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>ActionResolver.Packages</param-name>
            <param-value>package.action</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>Extension.Packages</param-name>
            <param-value>package.ext,
                org.stripesstuff.stripersist,
                net.sourceforge.stripes.integration.spring
            </param-value>
        </init-param>
    </filter>
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>DispatcherServlet</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.DispatcherServlet</servlet-class>
        <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>
    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>StripesFilter</filter-name>
        <servlet-name>DispatcherServlet</servlet-name>
        <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
        <dispatcher>FORWARD</dispatcher>
    </filter-mapping>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>DispatcherServlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>*.action</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

Please help.