Hi!

I’ve recently inherited a project that is using Stripes 1.5.3.  We currently
build against the java 1.7.0_55 JDK and deploy to Tomcat 7.  For some other
reasons not related to this project, we are upgrading tomcat from 7 to 8.  Our
application continues to build and deploy fine, but when running in Tomcat 8,
there is an exception thrown in the Stripes framework when rendering any page
that uses Stripes.  I then upgraded Stripes to 1.5.8 and the error persists.  I
am not sure if it is completely related to Stripes or not, but I’m hoping you
all can provide some insight/direction on how to solve this issue.  This is the
error:

04-Feb-2015 15:37:03.127 SEVERE [tomcat-http--38]
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke Servlet.service() for
servlet jsp threw exception

 java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldCache.getTaglibXml(TldCache.java:97)

at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.<init>(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:179)

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseTaglibDirective(Parser.java:411)

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseDirective(Parser.java:469)

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseElements(Parser.java:1430)

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:139)

04-Feb-2015 15:37:03.127 SEVERE [tomcat-http--38]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke Servlet.service() for
servlet [web] in context with path [/pm] threw exception
[javax.servlet.ServletException:
net.sourceforge.stripes.exception.StripesJspException: An exception was raised
while invoking a layout. The layout used was
'/WEB-INF/views/layout/ListViewTemplate.jsp'. The following information was
supplied to the render tag: LayoutContext{component names=[topmessage,
scriptBody, filterBox, header], parameters={}}] with root cause

 java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldCache.getTaglibXml(TldCache.java:97)

at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.<init>(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:179)

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseTaglibDirective(Parser.java:411)

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseDirective(Parser.java:469)

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseElements(Parser.java:1430)

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:139)

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks!

The information in this email and subsequent attachments may contain
confidential information that is intended solely for the attention and use of
the named addressee(s).  This message or any part thereof must not be
disclosed, copied, distributed or retained by any person without authorization
from Fidelity Investments.

Michael Scharp
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
XTRAC Solutions