De : "Joaquin Valdez" <joaquinfval...@gmail.com>
Envoyé : ‎17/‎03/‎2015 21:56
À : "Stripes Users List" <stripes-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Objet : Re: [Stripes-users] using stripes select just for the collectionfeature

I wonder if the dynamic tag library would help out here?

Joaquin

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 11:08 AM, William Krick <kr...@3feetunder.com> wrote:

I have a <stripes:select> that I'm using to provide a list of items to the user
using the <stripes:option-collection>.

When an item is selected in the list, some javascript is triggered that adds
some on-screen text to a table along with some hidden input tags that get
submitted with the page.

However, the actual value currently selected in the <stripes:select> isn't
important and I don't need or want it to be submitted.  The only reason I'm
suing <stripes:select> is to take advantage of the collection population
feature.

The problem I'm having is that <stripes:select> requires a name.
If you leave the name blank like this...

<stripes:select name="">
<stripes:options-collection collection="${actionBean.itemList}" value="id"
label="display" />
</stripes:select>

...you get an error when you submit...

[DefaultActionBeanPropertyBinder] Could not bind property with name [] to bean
of type...

...followed by a NullPointerException.

However, if you give it a dummy name like this...

<stripes:select name="dummyName">
<stripes:options-collection collection="${actionBean.itemList}" value="id"
label="display" />
</stripes:select>

...you get a different error when the page loads...

[DefaultPopulationStrategy] Could not find property [dummyName] on ...

Obviously, out of the two choices, the second option is better because it
doesn't cause an exception, but I was wondering if other people are using
<stripes:select> this way and how they deal with the warnings/errors or if they
just ignore them.

I even tried this...

<select>
<stripes:options-collection collection="${actionBean.itemList}" value="id"
label="display" />
</select>

...but that throws an exception when the page loads...

net.sourceforge.stripes.exception.StripesJspException: Option tags must always
be contained inside a select tag.