Comments interspersed.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ivan Siviero" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2001 8:37 AM
Subject: file upload.

> hi everyone.
> I'm a little bit puzzled as i can't figure out why i get
> NullPointerException in MultiPartIterator class when uploading files.
> This only happens when accessing the application through the web server
> while it all works fine by accessing it through the port number.

What do you mean by "accessing it through the port number"?

> I have updated from Struts 1.0 to Struts 1.0.1 and the exception is
> changed to IOException.I noticed this by using the struts-upload.war
> application
> The Exception seems to be thrown when creating the temporary file so the
> question is:
> In which directory is the temporary file created ? looking at the code
> it seems it get created in the System temp directory.

The default location of the temp directory is defined by your servlet
container. Note that some (older) containers do not guarantee that this
directory exists, although the Servlet 2.3 spec (at least) does require it
to exist.

> I know this is a fixed bug but i don't know which file to download to
> get this fixed for me too.
> I tried nighty build version but i get other exception.
> So is there someone which can lend me a hand.
>
> Another question is about Struts 1.0.1.
> In my web application i have used some tag like : <logic:messagePresent>
> and <html:messages> which seem to be disappeared in the Struts
> 1.0.1.This should be problem for me if updating to Struts 1.0.1

They didn't disappear - these tags are not part of the Struts 1.0.1 release.
They are available in the nightly builds, and will be part of the Struts 1.1
release.

--
Martin Cooper