I found it here, Cedric

http://sourceforge.net/projects/basicportal/

I'm interested in it too. I seems to jive well with something I've been
planning myself.

http://www.husted.com/about/pinnacle/

I'm hoping we will be able to share code once this gets rolling. Though,
with between the Struts beta and my own stuff, I can't jump in as soon
as I would like. =:0(

-T.

Cedric Dumoulin wrote:

>   This is an interesting project.
>   What is the exact URL on SourceForge ?
>
>      Cedric
>
> "Struts-dev Newsgroup (@Basebeans.com)" wrote:
>
> > Subject: New Struts project on SourceForge-portal: Scope:
> > From: "Vic C." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >  ===
> > (fyc:)
> > The basicPortal uses JSTL, Struts to make it a better at web content
> > manager than Apache. It's goals are KISS minimalist with samples for
> > training. (as opposed to best design, it is a design easiest to learn).
> > It is the lowest common denominator of portlet engines, a Struts
> > equivalent to JetSpeed and based mainly on Tiles. 20% of code used 80%
> > of time. It is open source and free. It can run on any J2EE server and
> > any SQL DB.
> >
> > An administrator can create select content categories and modules. They
> > can also approve individual line items. The can select XSL and CSS and
> > Look and Feel.
> > Any user can upload content and images.
> > Anyone can register themselves to portal JAAS table. (Admin can change
> > your role)
> > A developer can use Dream Weaver to create portlets with JSTL.
> >
> > A portal module actions and bean is also exposed via SOAP to non JSP,
> > such as .NET.
> >
> > Screens include:
> > List of content items based on a category
> > A zoomed content
> > A way to add content and upload BOBs, etc.
> > A list of content that needs to be approved and prioritized (Admin role
> > only)
> > A way to edit content (Admin role only).
> > A way for a user to add themselves
> > A way for an admin to  modify user
> >
> > Samples of portlet modules include:
> > · TheServerSide.com
> > · Loveme.com
> > · Issue / bug tracking
> > · Mail.yahoo.
> > · Group Calendar
> > · RSS
> > · Ad/Banner
> > · Add a user module
> >
> > The portlet module  is a Struts tile with it's own action controller.
> > ( http://www.lifl.fr/~dumoulin/tiles/tilesAdvancedFeatures.pdf  5.2 ,
> > 7.2 , 7.4, 8.1 - we will call 5.2 a portlet module)
> > The basic Portal is Struts based and provides JAAS, DAO,  object caching
> > service and inter tile communication services for portlet modules.
> > Each portlet (tile w/controller) know is meta content and user role.
> >
> > BasicPortal has no user customizations, rather they are role/group based
> > (JAAS)
> > It is asynchronous, all content is displayed from DB; any module or fee
> > is to DB, not web side.
> >
> > Content table:
> > id, title, contnet, category, source, display order (num), image,
> > bigImage, postedbyemailID, storyHTTPLinkMore, storyStatus(approved),
> > storyDateTime, StoryDate, Price, displayNum, clickNum, displayOnPage
> >
> > --

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
-- Java Web Development with Struts
-- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
-- Web: http://husted.com/about/services