3.2 isn't even a current release is it? Shouldn't we reserve such a change for compliance with *current* implementations (of the 3.x series - ie TC 3.3-series)?

Is there some valid reason, of which I am unaware, that would make it difficult for folks to upgrade? Is there some drawback to using the 3.3-series over the 3.2-series? If issues center around folks making use of proprietary features that are no longer present in the 3.3-series ... well, we all know the risk you run when you do such things.

I would think that those folks deeply invested in the 3.x-series features should be able to go to TC 3.3 pretty painlessly - which Struts run fine on (right?). Why is this a bad option for those users?

David Graham wrote:

Do people still use Tomcat 3.2? It's not like they have to pay to upgrade to 4.1.12. Maybe this isn't such a big deal.

Dave

--
Eddie Bush