Hi guys,

I have a question regarding the order of using Commons-Validator in Struts 1.1. Actually Struts feed the FORM before doing validation on this one. Because the FORM must not throw exception during this feeding, usually your FORMBEAN use only String datatype as setter/getter.

But in the case I receive a Composite Value Object from EJB, using a complexe structure with beans using differents datatypes (String, boolean, long , BigDecimal, ...), I can't use it directly with Nested Tag for editing. Because I can't validate input before feeding a BigDecimal for example! If the user enter "hello" in Textbox where it suppose to be a BigDecimal, an Exception is Throw ...

Do you will look to add option to do the validation on the Request object first? Like this, we can do the unit validation accordingly the validation.xml and when all unit validation is done, you can feed the FORM ... Nested Tag will redisplay the value from Request object at the place of FormBean getter.

Give me your feedback ...

Thanks.