In 1.0, the way we do that is to use an Action that returned an
ActionForward with redirect=true. In 1.1, we can elevate that
approach to a standard RedirectAction -- at least, once I fix the
bug in * that prepends a slash to everything whether redirect is
set to true or not =:0)

I took a walk down CVS lane and found that the auto-prepend
behavior was introduced in revision 1.45. Apparently it was added
for the benefit of Tiles, but Cedric later made changes to Tiles
so that this isn't necessary anymore.

Revision 1.45 / (view) - annotate - [select for diffs] , Sun Jul 7
23:45:21 2002 UTC (4 months, 1 week ago) by craigmcc
Branch: MAIN
Changes since 1.44: +18 -7 lines
Diff to previous 1.44 (colored)

Deal with a "path" attribute on a <forward> that does not contain
a leading slash by inserting one if necessary, for backwards
compatibility.

PR: Bugzilla #10534
Submitted by:   Matt Raible <matt at raibledesigns.com>