The only reference I can find to "${struts.home}/lib" is in the
"prepare.library" target, which is used to copy in the struts.jar and
related files into the struts-el build:

  <copy todir="${build.home}/library">
   <fileset dir="${jstl.home}/tld" includes="*.tld"/>
   <fileset dir="${struts.home}/lib" includes="*.tld"/>
  </copy>

I can build the distribution fine locally, without any changes, so I
don't know what the problem would be.  Perhaps the "jstl.jar" is not
available?  There is a check in the top-level build.xml that would
prevent struts-el from building if "jstl.jar" wasn't present.