James,

You might want to try creating a JIT list. That ensures that you do not
have to worry about not having a place to put the data. Here is an
declaration that should work in a request scope form using the Commons
Collecions package:

private List jobDetailLines = ListUtils.lazyList(new
ArrayList(BusinessRules.ADD_JOB_DETAIL_LINES), jobDetailLineFactory);

David Morris

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 01/18/03 14:36 PM >>>
I've also experience this as well. If there's a clear explanation of why

this happens, please share. I have a hunch as to why, but I don't know
for
sure. It would be nice to not have to use the session scope just to
retrieve my form inputs when there's no need for it to be in the session
scope.

I'm glad someone else experience this besides me. =)

James Nguyen

At 01:44 PM 1/17/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>I have been using Struts 1.0 for some time now and I was wondering if
anyone
>has ever run into this particular problem. I am nesting forms with
nested
>tags(Monkey Struts add on )which works great for displaying data using
the
>scope of "request". I understand that nested struts is now included in
the
>latest version of Struts 1.1B3. I have noticed that when I use a input
field
>such as a text input box and then submit the page that has nested forms
on
>it; the nested forms do not get rendered to my action class(form param
in my
>perform method). Only the top level Parent form is populated; any child
>forms( a array list in my parent form class) are not populated. If I
change
>the scope to session,  then the child form's are populated in my Action
>class. The difference between Session and Request in this particular
example
>puzzles me.
>

>Anyone seen anything like this?
>
>Thanks, Jarrett