"David Graham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Tue, 04 Feb 2003 15:04:26
> IBM's Websphere Studio Application Developer (WSAD) includes support
> for generating webapps with Struts.

Actually, our Struts Tools are in Site Developer (WSSD), which is lots
cheaper than WSAD. (But WSAD adds EJB tooling.)

> The only area Java IDEs are weak in is GUI building. Eclipse is the
> best IDE I have ever used for any language but it doesn't do GUI
> building because the vast majority of java is server side.

Nevertheless, folks are writing them: see recent long threads on
[EMAIL PROTECTED] with names like "SWT History and Design
Decisions" and "From Swing to SWT". You might wanna look @

http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/platform-swt-dev/maillist.html
http://sweet-swt.sf.net/
and the Conga folks are (thinking about?) porting to Eclipse
http://opendoors.com/html/conga.htm