Hi,

This kind of question should be asked in the struts user list. I forward the thread to struts-user.

Cedric

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi,

I'm a Struts newbie and this question may have been already addressed, but I can't
seem to find anything relevant in the mail archives.
I'm trying to use the generic Struts tab layout to my web content and have various
page definitions built on top of my tile modules. In the tabs application demo, each
tab directly references a link to a JSP url. However, all of my pages are defined via
the tiles XML definition file, it would be nice if I can reference these definitions
in the tab list rather than the URL link (would mean a reworking of my design). Is
there a way to do this or can someone recommend a solution? Any help would be
appreciated.

Here's a scaled-down version of my definition file.

        <definition name=".aFGenericReportPage"
path="/tiles/layout/aFReportLayout.jsp">
                <put name="title" value="SOME TITLE HERE"/>
                <put name="header" value="SOME HEADER HERE"/>
                <put name="body"   value="SOME BODY HERE"/>
        </definition>
        <definition name=".aFOTDRMeasReportPageOverview"
extends=".aFGenericReportPage">
                <put name="title" value="OTDR Measurement Report"/>
                <put name="header" value="OTDRMeasReportHeader.def" type="definition"/>
                <put name="body"   value="aFOTDRMeasBody.def" type="definition"/>
        </definition>
        <!-- Page Definitions ends here -->

        <!-- tabs page -->
        <definition name="aFOTDRTabbedMeasBody.def"
path="/tiles/layouts/aFTabsLayout.jsp">
                <put name="selectedIndex" value="0"/>
                <put name="parameterName" value="selected"/>
                <putList name="tabList">

<!-- would like to do something like this, but not sure on how and syntax -->
<add value="Overview" link=".aFOTDRMeasReportPageOverview"/>
<add value="Detailed" link=".aFOTDRMeasReportPageDetailed"/>

                </putList>
        </definition>
        <definition name=".aFOTDRMeasReportPage">
                <put name="title" value="OTDR MeasurementReport"/>
                <put name="body" value="aFOTDRTabbedMeasBody.def"/>
        </definition>

Regards,
Trang