Sorry, I am indeed talking about the <property> or <write> tags, not about
the <html:text> tag.
So I would like to use the <bean:write> tag like this:

<bean:write property="deliveryAddress.street"/>

But what happens when mailing Address is null. I would expect that the
Struts tags display all requested properties of the deliveryAddress as a
zero lenght string if the deliveryAddress is
null. I do not like to change a model bean (model as Model in the MVC
pattern) only for getting it displayed correctly on a JSP page.

Arjan Kok.