My 2 cents worth:

This seems like a good general solution.  This way, the contract in the
documentation could read:
"UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED, all Struts form tags redisplay the previous
values from the corresponding form bean property"

One question that arises is should this be an attribute/property that is
applicable to all form elements or just a few (ie: password, textfield, text
area)?  Does anybody forsee the need for something like a volatile checkbox
or radio button?

Eric Wu
Java Architect
www.GlobalMedic.com
Tel.: 514.738.6770 / 1.888.986.3342
Fax.: 514.738.4827

Silver WWW Health Awards Winner
Globe & Mail  Top 25 e-Businesses in Canada - #5
http://www.globetechnology.com/site/specials/e-25/

Visit www.medalliance.ca, GlobalMedic's new healthcare network for
physicians, pharmacists, patients and consumers, developed in collaboration
with Les Éditions Santé Rogers Media.