Hi all,

I've attached three slightly changed JSPs from struts-test. The changes
are needed for application servers that don't use cookie-based session
tracking. The original JSPs have been written in a way that they will
throw exceptions when executed w/o cookies.

>From my opinion, an application intended for test or demonstration
purposes should not throw exceptions, leaving newbies with the question
if they've not correctly installed Struts or their app server or - even
worse - struts is buggy.

The attached changes together with those in my next mail, should leave
only one open issue (bean:include) for users running struts on WLS5.1 SP8.

--
Matthias                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Title: Test struts-bean:cookie Tag

Test struts-bean:cookie Tag

Display the properties of our current session ID cookie
Property Name Correct Value Test Result
comment
domain
maxAge
name
path
secure
value
version
Property Name Correct Value Test Result
comment
domain
maxAge
name
path
secure
value
version
Title: Test struts-logic Match Tags
<%@ page language="java" %> <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean" %> <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld" prefix="logic" %>

Test struts-logic Match Tags

<% pageContext.setAttribute("string", "String test value"); %> <% // WLS sometimes confuses ...FromCookie and ...FromUrl if (!request.isRequestedSessionIdFromCookie() || request.isRequestedSessionIdFromURL()) { %> <% } else { %> <% } %>
Test Type Variable Content Value Content Correct Value Test Test Result
Skipping cookie matching - enable cookies and/or turn off URLRewriting first
Cookie / Any 0 contains match notMatch
Cookie / End 0 ends with match notMatch
Cookie / Start 0 starts with match notMatch
Header / Any Mozilla contains match notMatch
Header / End Mozilla ends with match notMatch
Header / Start Mozilla starts with match notMatch
Name / Any value contains match notMatch
Name / End value ends with match notMatch
Name / Start value starts with match notMatch
Parameter / Any value1 contains match notMatch
Parameter / End value1 ends with match notMatch
Parameter / Start value1 starts with match notMatch
Property / Any FOO contains match notMatch
Property / End FOO ends with match notMatch
Property / Start FOO starts with match notMatch
Title: Test struts-logic Presence Tags
<%@ page language="java" %> <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld" prefix="logic" %>

Test struts-logic Presence Tags

<% // JSESSIONID is NOT always present. if (!request.isRequestedSessionIdFromCookie() || request.isRequestedSessionIdFromURL()) { %> <% } else { %> <% } %>
Test Type Correct Value Test Result
Bean present present notPresent
Bean notPresent present notPresent
CookienotPresentpresent present notPresent
Cookie notPresent present notPresent
Header present present notPresent
Header notPresent present notPresent
Parameter present present notPresent