A problem that I am running into increasingly frequently is that of having
so many tags on a page that it overflows an apparent method size limit in a
class file. The most common source of tag proliferation is the following
pattern:

For me, this is an extremely common pattern, and I'm guessing that's true
for other people too. I'm wondering if it would make sense to either add an
attribute to the option tag, or to create a new tag that does both. The
former might look like:

Thoughts, anyone?

--
Martin Cooper