----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Leland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2001 3:23 PM
Subject: Re: Request go ahead for structural changes in CVS

> Vincent Massol wrote:
> >
> > I'd like to have the go ahead for making the changes to the struts
directory

> I think it is OK to commit those changes as long as they are tested
> and the distribution builds.
>
> > Namely, I'd like to commit the following changes that I have locally on
my
> > computer (step 1) :
> > - Move jakarta-struts/src/doc to jakarta-struts/doc
> > - Move jakarta-struts/src/conf to jakarta-struts/conf
>
> I am sure this is ok.
>
> > - Move build.xml, build.bat and build.sh to the new jakarta-struts/build
> > directory
>
> There seems to be some disagreement on this. In an email that Craig sent
> Thursday, I believe he again stated that the jakarta-struts/build
directory
> was to only exist in the distribution that is created but not in CVS. I
> created the jakarta-struts/build directory in CVS about 2 weeks ago.
> So perhaps we should delete it ?? Perhaps the build scripts
> could stay in jakarta-struts/, what is the reason for moving them ?

because there are about 20 files in total. I could limit it to about 10
files but then it is very convenient to have one batch per target on
windows, so that you can just click on the batch file to run the target and
you don't have to go to the ugly DOS ... :) So the goal is just to gather
the files together in a single location so that they are not mixed with
other files.

> > - Modified build.xml and build-webapps to support the above changes
> >
> > This will leave all the build output as it was before (except the test
> > webapp which is no longer generated for the moment till I finish the
> > integration with J2EEUnit).
>
> Recall that the test webapp is now renamed to exercise-taglib

Yes, I noticed but the test webapp was left as is and I need to work on
J2EEUnit integration.

> > Vincent.
>
> -Rob

Vincent.