On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Ted Husted wrote:

> If you just want to do the token stuff now, we could work something into
> the User Guide about it.
>
> It really should have been in the tour (mea culpa), but it was added
> after I wrote the first draft, and I haven't gone back.
>
> As you probably know, we've using the package files to create the
> "Developer Guides" for the Taglibs. Extending the "guides" to the rest
> of the frameworks sounds like a good idea.

I agree.  For example, the User's Guide for the o.a.s.action package could
also talk about things like subclassing ActionServlet to specialize its
behavior.

On a slightly separate note, a piece of doc that would be incredibly
helpful here is a UML Sequence Diagram of the basic request flow through
the controller and related objects.  Anyone have a nice tool and some time
to build such a thing?