From: Jeff Trent
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 10:21 AM
Subject: Proposal

New here ... so bare with me.

I'd like to propose the following enhancement to ActionForm:

    public void addListener(ActionFormListener);
    public void removeListener(ActionFormListener);

 Here is the basics of ActionFormListener I'm interested in to start out with:

    public abstract class ActionFormListener
    {
        public static final int ACTION_TYPE_PAGE_PRE_RENDERED = 1;
        public static final int ACTION_TYPE_PAGE_POST_RENDERED = 2;

        public abstract void actionFormNotify(int actionType, String context /* reserved for future use*/);
    }

---

These messages would be sent before and after the RequestDispatcher included or forwarded to the JSP page.

The primary reason I'm propsing this feature is to allocate / free (respectfully) scarce resources that I would like to be made available on the page that I do not want to serialize to transient members of my form.

thank you,
jeffrey trent