I dont really get what your saying. In your template (i.e. t.jsp) you define
the formatting for the common look and feel of all your pages, for example
page titles, a side bar and footers. If on some pages you don't need all of
them you just leave them out - for example if you didn't need a footer then
don't do a <template:get> for it on your jsp page - it still works fine.

If you have specific messages unique to a page them just put them straight
on the page - if you want to prefix them with the page name then it seems
easier to me to just specify it straight in <bean:message
key="pagename.something"> format.

Personally we don't tie our messages to pages, more to the business area,
that way they're often re-used among pages.

I don't know if this is useful to you because I didn't really get what your
trying to resolve.

Niall