Finally broke the seal on this, and it's pretty neat.

(Ravi, is this something you would consider donating to the Apache
Software Foundation?)

Here are some enhancements I would consider to make the CodeMaker even
more useful:

* A package-wise switch that would generate a single unified Form bean
and skeleton Action for all the JSP's in each directory.

* Generate a SQL Command class with a DDL to create a table each Form
bean, along with the standard CRUD commands. (Need a way to indicate
primary keys.)

* Maybe a way for developers to define their own class templates to be
included in the generation, since I would also like to :

* * Generate a Data Access class linked to the standard CRUD commands.

* * Generate an Access Action to call the Data Access CRUD commands.

CodeMaker 2:

A two-pass generator. On the first pass it creates a skeleton XML
configuration file that can describe the Java and JDBC/SQL types for
each property. On the second pass, it includes these properties in the
generated code.

Given a XML configuration file and no JSPs, it will also generate (or
regenerate) the JSPs.

Given property types, it could also generate the validator.xml

? Anything we can do about the struts-config.xml

CodeMaker 2.1: Web application to create the XML configuration file (so
we can then use a Web application to create Web applications ;-)