Hello Ted,

TH> Am I right in thinking that the PagerIterator is standalone, and does
TH> not use the logic:interator (or the JSPTL forEach equivalent)?

PagerIterator is not tag - it is Iterator via page links and can be
used with logic:iterate.

TH> Would these be added to the logic taglib, or a separate pager tablib?

O, no.. There is one tag only - PagerTag. All other classes are
underground.

TH> Would the pager tablib be a good fit at Jakarta Taglibs?

May be.

TH> Is it too "Model 2" for that, or could the pager also be created using
TH> Model 1 techiques?

Because of PagerTag based on Pager class it can work with both models.
With model 1 you can set page scope variables and pass its names to
the PagerTag. With model 2 you can create Pager bean in action and use
it in page with or without PagerTag.

TH> I've been talking to Morgan, and was about to submit the RowSet tags
TH> there, as part of dbTags.

TH> So, do we want to think about making this part of dbTags too (since
TH> that's where the data would usually come from).

PagerTag is not linked to the some data retrieving or generation - it
takes 3 parameters and allow to get Iterator via PagerEntry objects -
each of them is link to the page. You can use any method to retrieve
data - not from db.

TH> Should we suggest a second library for "detached" database tags? Maybe
TH> dbTags2, as in Model2, with the RowSet and Pager tags.

What is 'detached' database tags?

TH> We probably want to also start thinking about how JSPTL is going to
TH> affect our taglibs, and what tags of ours might be moved to Jakarta
TH> Taglibs. (Meaning a few of us should be committers there too ;-)

Why not? 8)