De : Matt Larson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Envoyé : 24 juillet, 2001 18:53
À : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet : Business Logic Framework.

Hello,

I would like to contribute my work to the Apache Foundation, but I'm
having difficulty in determining if such software already exists in
Jakarta.  Furthermore, I don't even know which mailing list to send this
to; please forward this (and copy) me if needed...thanks.

I have developed a business logic framework which implements the
Observer design pattern.  It is not XML-based, but this could easily be
done since the database metadata object (a java class) contains no
logic... just java data structures.  Using this framework, one can
modify a java.sql.ResultSet object (my class that implements this
interface), and all changes to the "observers", or business objects will
take place automatically using the java reflection api.  Furthermore,
this framework allows all DML operations as well; I do not use updatable
ResultSet's, so JDBC2.0 is not required (I use PreparedStatements for
DML).  Although I have not yet written any code-generators for creating
the business objects, this could easily be done by discovering the
database structure via JDBC Metadata object(s), and creating
appropriately named business methods.

Please let me know if anyone is interested, or if this has already been
done for Jakarta.

Thanks,

m.